Home     About Me     Designs     Contact Me

Monday, January 27, 2014

Everybody Loves a Snow Day!

I was blessed with another snow day today! I gotta say, it's a wonderful perk of working for a university :) As the wind chill continues to reach 20-something below zero and the snow continues to pile up, the roads are difficult to plow and the salt has no effect on the ice when it's this cold. I feel bad (and a little scared) for everyone who has to brave the roads to get to work (my hubby included).

 
Look at how much snow has accumulated on our back porch! It's crazy!
Left: first two snow days, Jan. 6 & 7; Right: third snow day, Jan. 27

Meanwhile, being home during the day is kind of my favorite thing. I know some people could never be a stay-at-home wife or mom, but I think I would totally love it. I've always been a homebody at heart, and I tend to be so much more productive during the day. Also, weekday days vs. weekend days just feel different. Anybody know what I mean?!

Today I tackled several loads of laundry, cleaned our bathroom, and continued a "Glee" marathon that I started on Saturday. Ok, so I know that last part isn't exactly productive, but I couldn't let a snow day pass without sooooome relaxing... :) Thank you, Netflix, for automatically playing the next episode. #needtoknowwhathappensnext Also, I know I'm like 4 years late on watching "Glee," but I'm suddenly addicted to the show and the music.

Speaking of Glee, Jane Lynch, who plays Sue Sylvester, is the host of a game show I recently discovered on TV called "Hollywood Game Night" on NBC. Celebrities like Henry Winkler ("Happy Days"), Mayim Bialik ("Big Bang Theory"), Patricia Heaton ("Everbody Loves Raymond"), and Michael Weatherly ("NCIS") join with (everyday/not famous) contestants and play Catch Phrase/Cranium-like games. It's so funny and I totally want to be a contestant on this show! If you haven't seen it, check it out next Monday at 8pm.
(That totally sounded like an advertisement, but I just like to share good things with you when I find them. Got any TV shows or movies you think I should check out?!)
source

Stay warm, friends!

1 comment:

AbbyL said...

You know I love you, but knowing that you guys watch Hollywood game night just made me love you even more :) We LOVE it! And it's so funny because when we watched it this Tuesday we were talking about how amazing it is in the end when the do the Celebrity name game how many names people know, even tricky ones. And I said "Stacey would totally rock this part." Can't wait to see you soon!